Thursday, July 4, 2013

Just like french camp... in real life

Things tend to work out. When I came to France once before, in '96 on a french class trip, I accurately predicted that my bag would be the very first off the plane. This time, my pack arrived on the flight before mine. I didn't know that until allll the other luggage came and went. Fortunately, that delayed me long enough to allow morgan's broken down train to be repaired, so that he could arrive just as I was about to hop on the metro (at midnight).

Earlier in the day, he visited the louvre. See photo, when he posts it.

We are very appreciative of our great host, Felix. From his home we've explored the neighborhood and also the impressionist museum- musee d'orsay.

Morgan is providing the photo documentation, and I'm sure he'd post a classic photo of baguette, brie, and fig jam here... but we already ate it.

I'll update this blog from time to time over the next couple months, when I have wifi for my phone--I'm typing on a little keyboard, so please excuse typos, Mom. Oh, I was wrong. I can receive texts for free, but sending costs $.

Tomorrow we're off to a wedding in a place called Ville Perdu (lost city) on the groom's family farm. Looking fwd to seeing all of my college ladies!

Au revoir from paris.

No comments: